Work Update: I can feel the energy starting to happen...My co-workers have had my email for 2 days now about projects...I just know they are almost ready to read them...neser ...it will happen. In the meantime last weekend I went to our Peace Corps Halloween Party. I went as "Trash Talk"...Being on a budget we all had were similar minded costumes...A guy with a black eye with "P" on his shirt (blackeyed peas) etc...Mine was you guessed it, I was covered with trash and had trash talking sayings taped all over me....Not a good costume for sitting but I did make a dent in the garbage around here..yeah right.
As for my health........not good as of today...I got one of those colds where your hair and teeth hurt. My nose is running non-stop and I am sneezing a lot. My co-workers think I am sick because I seldom where a jacket and wear short sleeve summer shirts in the fall. I think it is because washing hands are not important here..for food, restroom etc...how can washing be important if the water in town is off 6 hours a day and most all the night. What you don't see will not kill you...just don't think about it.
Our youngest PC volunter and my site mate Leslie had her Old Lady Birthday...22 years old...She is the one that speaks Shqip well and make me looks bad in Albanian social situations...She finished HS in 3 years and College in 3 years...compare that to my accademic background..Ouch...Again because of budget limitations..she got presents like a coke with a bow made of foil wrapping...........etc..
As you can tell, I am a little mad at our budget. We had to fill out a survey on how much we spend each month...it only took about 2 hours to do...If we got an extra $10 a month for 12 months that means we would have made $60 per hour....to fill it out..........ARGGGG!!!Since only 43 percent of us filled it out.. there will be no raise, and there has not been one in 4 years, where cost of living up about 30% in the last 2 years.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment