Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Biker Guests

In my attempt to type yesterday, I forgot to mention some guests I had. They were two Bikers, a couple, traveling through much of Eastern Europe on their bikes. I ran into them in a city just North of Lezhe while I was visiting a fellow Peace Corps Volunteer. They were talking to a few other people when I heard English being spoken. Not wasting an opportunity to talk English, I talked to them and invited them to visit as they passed Lezhe, only a days ride away. The next day as I was walking home from and English lesson about 7:00 at night I ran into them. I felt so bad since they had been all over town looking for because the number I gave them was a digit short...Anyway, I found them only about 100 meters from my place. Phillip and Elisabeth were great company and it was fun hearing some of their stories of the trip. Lezhe that night was not at its best since it was raining and while we went to one of my favorite pizza places (during the summer) it lacked the charm inside while it is raining outside. They got and earful of stories about life in Albania and crashed that night on my couch. I went to work the next morning and they were off to another city, visiting another castle and later who knows....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete. I finally got caught up with your blog. One question: Where were the bikers from? 3 comments: 1. Major cool points for meeting the President. Awesome life moment. 2. Everyone here loved Ironman too. Box office grosses will attest to that. 3. leave the cats alone.