Monday, September 15, 2008

Movies

This was a weekend of what to expect as fall and winter approaches. Sunday and today, it rained so much that coming out of a another PC apartment yesterday, my foot was completely covered in water. It was so deep in the entry way that the bricks they use to walk on, where completely underwater and I could not even see them as I wandered to the sidewalk. The clothes that I had hanging out to dry were wetter when I brought them in than when I put them out.
As for the good things...Friday we had a meeting in Tirana (the capital). In the wake of the evacuation of Georgia we had our refresher on what to do in an emergency. It was a full day leaving the Friday night and Saturday night open for some heavy money spending activity. Saturday night, we went to one club called the "Living Room" was on the the top floor/roof on an old ugly building overlooking the city. It sold Corona Beer for $6.00 and Heineken for $5.00. OUCH...at most places, beers go for $2.00. The place was incredible, and since we were "Rich Americans", they gave us a reserved table. We showed them my nursing our beers, some for over 2 hours. They I am sure were real happy with that.

Friday night was spent at the movie house seeing Ironman. It was awesome. Maybe the fact I have not seen a movie in 6 months affected my opinion but it was a great movie. 5 guys just going to the movies was a blast. Why was it so fun for me with 5 guys (I share my office with 3 ladies, in Lezhe, are 3 PC women, and while in Shales there were 4 PC women and me....
The movie house had real chairs, not seats, with small armrest tables and wide armrests. Lots of cushion. Definately worth the $7.00 or 600 leke.
As for this week coming up it is make or break. If my director does not give me the okay for doing some projects...I may have to go somewhere else. World Vision or Opportunity Albania.
a couple NGO set up here to help Albanians. All for now, still paying for internet use.

No comments: