Friday, September 5, 2008

Sept 5,2008

Gossip News in Albania,
We may have the first dropout of our group. Why..who knows. Group 9 had over a 25% dropout rate.... We are group 11......Modern Technology ...makes the grapevine move so much faster.
Good News....The Peace Corp person that set us up in our jobs, housing and, came for a visit yesterday. We talked a lot about work and shes had mentioned that she has set up a meeting with herself, my director, me and the head of the Department of Agricutrure. She liked my ideas and hoped that we could get the Head of Agriculture to help us get the ball rolling on many of our projects.
Bad news...the school I will be teaching 4 hours a week at has also recruited another PeaceCorp Volunteer..she is cuter, younger, always smiling...Speaks very good Shqip...We went to the meeting with the school director together and he dragged her into the fun. She has the young kids, I get the older kids...Comparisons in Shqip abililities are always a fun thing to be a part....hummmmm.
Today, I am taking off to another city ...Schroldera(spelling) North of here. This is one of the cities where I would have really liked to have been place..Job Wise, no, but city wise...It is supposed to be progressive, and very active, with lots of bicycles and places to go. It is one of the larger cities in Albania.
My computer is not working for some reason....computer story has more to come..not interesting stuff but can be a major problem here.

No comments: