Friday, March 13, 2009

Lots has Happened

March 13th 2009

Since my last blog entry, I have officially started the Outdoor Ambassador program here in Lezhe.  Wednesday afternoon I get a call to meet someone in for cafe in 1/2 hr.  Dila,  a woman in charge of the Student government program made some of her kids partake in it.  We talked a bet and suddenly on Friday/today was our first meeting...not the turnout that I had hoped, 4 highschool kids, but a start. It went well and so for the next 60 some Fridays I have to show up .......Arg...too much time.  

As for my computer, maybe I can watch movies, but to do work on it..it shuts off...the motherboard is shot.  Not a good time for it to got out.

 My director wants the website finished and freaked out a bit after someone from Tirana told him how hard it as to build....Now he wants to pay someone to come in and do it. He has not even seen mine yet.   He should have paid someone in the first place and had them wait 5 months for information from his staff. I am still missing 20% of the information and most of that is the information I had asked him to give me....I just got an email from another peace corp volunteer....his website has taken him 1.5 years to make and he still waiting for stuff.  

The interviews for survey are almost done..We have 90 of the 100 needed.  Its a good thing that they are not ready because starting then, they will have to sit for a month or two or three before they do anything with it.....

As for my Teaching...So I go in at 8:00 like always and was then told that my classes don't start until 9:30 and that I will, starting today have my own class of 5th graders to teach.  That is along with my "special group" of 10 that also started today..that turned into 16 kids.....some how I missed that memo too.  I told  the director how he should have called me as he had told his other 30+ teachers...all-be-it all nuns who work/live there. ...He did a lot of back paddling to get out of that....

To borrow a line from C&R Clothiers 20 years ago..."What a difference a day makes" and roses smell different now.

No comments: