Too those few who read my blog...Sorry for all the bad grammar and spellings. It sounds so complete and good as I write it, but upon review...someday I will have to fix it....
Today is the last day of Oreo, I am going to Tirana today and Oreo goes to a Brazilian Missionary's home for her last days in Lezhe...After that, she goes with her family and unless i visit them in another city, I won't see her again. A good dog, but not a great Ambassator to the dog world. She barks at many, even those with good hearts, which scares the people here. For many, the first response is to try to kick her or scare/tease her back. I brought her to work on 3 occasions and even the veterinarians get freaked out.....I almost smacked one of my best friends out of my anger, when he smacked Oreo after she barked at him . Last night I made a spaghetti dinner for the family of 5 next door. (Only adding to the rumor that I am a housewife in training) Men NEVER COOK or wash clothes or clean house) The family has had me over for dinner several times and for the last few weeks have been visiting Oreo while I am at work. While the 2 youngest kids 5 and 3 get scared, Dad is good with them and shows them that Oreo is harmless, only loud. As for the dinner it was good, not my best since I did not use enough meat but good. Even the kids ate it and they never eat pasta with sauce, only with butter and cheese.
My computer should be coming home from the shop today...the Department of Agriculture said they will pay for repairs...so cool...I was supposed to go on a few interviews today regarding the survey, but since it is raining, the director felt it was better to drink coffee and not go out to the villages...Exaggeration maybe...but I will have a least one coffee today as I play on the borrowed computer.
This weekend I am going to Tirana to a seminar on getting an Outdoor Ambassador program started in our community ....I have exhausted my personal resources in getting help in starting-up in this area since few volunteer for anything and to do it with kids...NO WAY...I am trying to get a female to help so that girls parents would let them participate but so far no one,
not even males want to do something new.....many feel that getting involved with kids opens them up to public humiliation/shame if something goes wrong. Also, if an unmarried female helps out, then rumors may also fly about "Us" if a married woman helps, the husband will be shamed by "Us" and he letting her do something outside the house...I may have to modify the program and do it at the private school where I work..There, the parents/teachers trust me and
since the teachers are paid for the time and under the school direction, helping out, will be more socially acceptable.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment