So I am sitting eating lunch minding my own business...(I have pretty much gotten used to many things...meat markets slottering while you watch so you know it is fresh...meat markets leaving meat out all day without refrigeration, pigs the size of hippos walking aimlessly through town, along with herds of goat, cattle and sheep moving through our city parks...but today) and out of the corner of my eye I see this big fury thing walking across the street...upon second look...it is a bear cub on a leash..while only up to ones mid section in size the first response was...what the ............ and quicky followed by the realization....only in Albania. ... a few people jumped to snap pictures but most just kept walking as if nothing was new.
A few months ago I saw this black lab puppy running the streets of Lezhe and when I said hello to puppy, it came running for some attention...most dogs run away since people think of them as big rats rather than pets and treat them accordingly. Because i was going to be gone most of the month of December I promised the pup that when I get back...I would take care of it. Now almost 3 months later I saw it again going through some garbage with another dog...it saw me came running and suddenly I had a pet.............I took it home, give it a bath, feed it, and it slept in the house...the next morning I let her outside to go to the bathroom, she came back..sort of and we hung out for a couple hours in the house. At about 12:00 we went out for a walk around town with another PC volunteer..after about an hour of hanging with us and while we were sitting outside at a cafe with her by our side....the dog decided we cramped her style and ditched us....
I guess the corn flakes, albanian salami and clean water is not nearly as good as old chicken bones from the garbage and drinking out of puddles...
From one night with the lab I got a room full of fleas and mud...they dont have flea collars or frontline here...who knew...good thing my place is made of tile and cement with no carpet.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment