Friday, January 30, 2009

SuperBowl is comming

This week all that has happened work wise is one other person has giving me some information for the website. Even after the director has told them to get their butts in gear.... Nobody here is worried about losing their job, but do worry about getting yelled at. Since the director is gone 4 of 5 days to meetings...he usually forgets anything that he may have told them that week....so why do anything???????
For fun, I played some pingpong with some guy that has spent 2 years in England...We split 3 games to 3 games and by then I had played for over 2 hours and was wiped out. I played for over an hour before he got there.
This weekend for the Super Bowl, the US Marines stationed in Albania have invited the PC volunteers to their place to watch the game....It is on the Embassy property. The game starts at 11:00 pm so we wander the streets of Tirana until 10:30 pm when they will let us in... then we cannot stay the night so at about 4:00 am we head off to Freddies Hotel and sleep until 6:00 am where I head off to work at 8:00 to teach 2 hours of English.
As for other stuff at work....I just got an email from the director of Rural Development in Lezhe...I told him of the How to start a business seminar and he /wanted an Outline. Hopefully he is a little more proactive than D of A and will participate....
Computer is having bad days
The Road to work/the hospital had a huge hole in it...for 3 days not covered/or fixed...and finally on the day 5 was fixed...Why they did not fix it before it broke...something I have been watching and waiting for for 6 months...who knows...They fix only when things have to be and not a second before and then and only then...it may take a few days, weeks months etc....
My Lights went out...they made a mistake and turned them off...and if I did not complain...they would have have never gone on again. Since lights go out daily here I had to give them some slack...not knowing if it was normal or a problem..after 2 days and one real cold shower on a real cold day I figured it out. Gotta love this place.

No comments: