So the other day at about 9:30 I was sitting in the office minding my own business when the director calls me into is office and says bring your computer. My computer is only working part-time so I hoped it works for whatever job he wanted me to do.We talk in his office for while using his computer and then says "can we use your computer for the projector" I say yes. The time now 9:50. I get the projector and set it up in the large office for some meeting...As I am getting it set up, a bunch of people start filtering into the office. At 10:00 the projector is set up and then the director decides he wants it set up in his office instead, it was too cold in meeting room..As I make to to his office, there are already 20 people there including 4 TVstations and all ready for a press conference.....I did not know about this and I was suddenly responsible for the projector..As I said my computer had been acting up and I was praying....It worked, and thankfully and as soon as I brought it back to my office the computer acted up again. All in all it went well and many people around town saw me on TV.
Albanian Moment. Several days ago a bunch of male co-workers who always ask about my social life (or lack there of) and ask why I am not married yet said a word that I could not understand. Not knowing the word, I asked a very protective co-worker the meaning....that person did not know the context nor who said it and went behind my back and asked around as to who said it...A day later I experienced collateral damage due to the "intervention" and I am hoping it can be forgotten in about 6 months. Such over protection while with good intentions does a lot a damage.
Now it is a week later and the big stuff that has happened is the MUN community project. It was so cool to see 7 good Albanian High School students participate in volunteer activities. While some of the public felt that the girls should be in the home cleaning and the boys should have been doing something productive for the family, most were happy to listen and part-take. The project while not my idea involved the kids passing out flyers and asking for signature and promises from people on the street for them to do something good... Many promises, kinda goofy, and involved promises, while related to community, involved their jobs, but it was the thought and the process that was important.
Other stuff...Last night I picked up a dog from an American Missionary family of 5. The dog was named Oreo...and the family is to be gone for 2 weeks. Walking the dog around was a lot more work than I thought. Oreo is a small dog and everyone believes that the only way to interact with a dog is to scare it and tease it...even adults. The young young kids are good with curiosity and try to be nice but the parents make them nervous and then the dog gets nervous and everyone has a miserable time. Last night Oreo was a little nervous at the house so I let her sleep on the bed...it immediately relaxed only to be stressed again when I took it to work. I took it home after half a day to stay in the house by itself..I hope it will distress and rest.
I played ping pong with Tommy a Co-worker today...lots of spin, little consistency.
This computer is driving my bonkers...it has shut down for no reason 3 times during the typing of this entry.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment