I am sure you are all wondering how my Guest speaker went with my Outdoor Ambassador Club...The speaker came prepared for 15 bright eyed students but only 4 quiet girls showed up...While he seemed only a little disappointed, I was very embarrassed since I told him at least 10. I even emailed all the kids whose email I had and told them to tell their friends and family to come...none of which had happened....Luckily he was already coming to Lezhe to put on big meeting, for our water company, so the trip wasn't waisted but I still felt bad. As for other Outdoor Ambassador programs nation wide, A couple of the other volunteers are trying start the clubs and a couple haven't even had any kids show up...ARG, Great concept, lots of work each week, but not a lot of reward just yet...we just have to move slowly.
Now Department of Agriculture Work Days
The days start like this..
8 to 10 check email
10 12 go to coffee and lunch with co-workers, friends or a power coffee
1-2 do side projects at work
Go Home
Sometime during the day spend 1-2 hours doing side projects
Read for 2 hours
Talk to local friends and hang with the other volunteers.
Have Dinner
Bed about 9:30
Many times for dinner Bethany or Leslie will cook dinner...while I think my food is good...they have eaten one of my meals...I liked...and well...I go to their place. Last night we tried tacos but the wanna-be shells did not quite work so we had a great taco type salad.
The last 3 days have been great Ping Pong days...One of the guys whom I have not played in a while was there to play. It was a blast with him winning the first 2 of 3 games but then seemingly giving up the next 2...For the first 3 games we even had an audience from the bar watch us play.
Two days later a couple of couch surfers from France came to visit Bethany. One played a good game of ping pong. He had not played in months and still put up a good game. If we were both playing at full operation, it would have been close. We then went to Bethanys place where the girls cooked great apple banana chocolate creps and us guys drank some beer....
Still working on the getting the Organization for the Blind to answer some questions so that I can hopefully write or help them write a grant.
Still don't have my computer....
Not Good Stuff. A few months ago I loaned my new backpack to a good kid for his weekend trip, his cousin took it, and for some reason he did not stop him..It cost about $35.00 to replace. I have only seen $20.00..so far. I loaned my I pod to a very good friend serveral months ago, still now seen it and each time I ask for it, his response is neser...Hmmm...
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment