Wow, Looking back, it has been well over a month since my last blog...So much has happened, some eventful, most is time filler...
I guess the reason that I did not blog, is that the last few weeks were spent getting ready to leave for the month. I got as much done as possible with the Department website and made a list of things I needed done by my co-worker for the site. I was hoping I they could have them done when I got back. After my preparation for vacation was done, I then headed for Elbasan, the city where we had much of our training at the beginning of the year. There my "vacation started with 5 days of in service training, lots of morning cafe/raki, saw the new Bond Movie and had my language retest...How did I do?....I am no longer required to have a tutor...I said nothing correctly, my sentence structure was challenged BUT...........my instructor/ teacher understood all I said, and was very happy...
After the 5 day inservice activities along with movies at both the movie house and from peoples computers, I then headed off for vacation.
Now my first day back:
My first day back has been filled with getting back into the swing of things, of course coffee, and pizza with my Peace Corps sitemates. One, Leslie, is in Bangkok getting her wisdom teeth pulled...Lucky her...the other 2 are fine now, but one is now sleeping 12-15 hours a day and not feeling to energetic and the other just got over a bad cold....We dragged the Guy that works at the internet cafe along with us for coffee...Poor guy, just had little idea how to handle the free flow of topics discussed by American girls..
I think he enjoyed it however..
As for work, I am here now...I asked my co-workers if they have worked on any of the stuff I gave them...I quickly learned it never got past the first desk...But it was only 3 weeks ago....HUMMMM. Now I have to again get the Director involved so he can light a fire under them ...What I want to do is jump on the desk that it never left and yell but I have to allow things to move at their own pace...arggg...here in Albania. So far I cannot light the fire myself..they complain of having too much work and then spend a large part of the day on the internet in chat or yahoo messager...argggg. I guess it is okay because while I wait I type this stuff.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment