After a couple more meetings with the School Director, she said that while there was some interest, those that really wanted to participate were from the villages and had to leave right after school. I then went to the other high school and she is interested and said Thursdays are good. After my vacation I will start a 6 week, changed format class. It will focus on how to create business and not just replicate them. I had a disturbing day today however. One of my former students, asked me yesterday if he could join my Outdoor Ambassadors. I said yes, drop by my office and I will give you some forms describing the program so you can inform your parents. He came in while I was not there picked up the papers, and also picked up Kozeta's wallet. After many phone calls with too many people involved, Kozeta found out his last name, where he lived, and 5 of us went to the poor 12 year old kids house. I don't think his parents know anything but he still was crying and had to deal with Kozeta and a few other angry co-workers. While I hope learned his lesson, I cannot let him join my OA group even if he wants to. My regular kids are the ones who tracked him down after about 30 minutes of calling, and I am sure they will not trust him, nor feel comfortable around him, nor let him play in any reindeer games.
To top it off, my director who has been very good/proud of the fact that so many of my kids feel comfortable in the office....have now banned all kids from the office.
All for now.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment