Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rotten keyboard

The Outdoor Ambassador Program is still giving me a headache. I sent the letter home and we will see what happens. The school director approved my letter and also said he would give full support during the summer. I am sure he is just pulling my leg so that I will not stop teaching at his school. Today I have a meeting but it is before the meet and greet so I am sure I will have only a few participants. What pisses me off is that he never talked or planned on talking me that there was a concern with the parents...he said he did not know how to approach me....my thinking is if you sure of a decision/activity it should be easy. That is one of the joys of the culture. Get a little information, blow it up, act upon it, and hide.....What he heard and parents heard was that kids went swimming...true but before they were in for 10 seconds they were out and got yelled at and did so after being told up front not to. None of that did the parents or he know.....hence the "concern" rightly so but wrong conclusion.
Other stuff;
The old keyboard broke this new/old one...it sucks, I want my new computer now...My stress level is up just typing on this because I know that the other keyboard was fine and since the lady whose computer I am using is on vacation, someone switched it.
Yesterday took Bethany's cat to the vet...
Someone set me up on a blind date....I went....their idea of a future wife much different than what we think....
Saturday am going to a party thrown by British missionaries (the biker guys from a few weeks ago) Sunday going to a "going away" party for my best Peace Corps friend. So long Bill.
Started reading a great book "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" Albania is experiencing it now and fascinating to watch unroll

No comments: